The H.P.Institute of Public administration has also been designated as the training institution for a number of other cadre/services. The prominent among which are:
- Conducting training programs, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Undertake, promote and coordinate research.
STATE ADMINISTRATIVE TRAINING INSTITUTE
- STATE ADMINISTRATIVE TRAINING INSTITUTE
- STATE INSTITUTE OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- TRAINING CENTRE FOR NATURAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT
- TRAINING FOR THE SUBORDINATE ACCOUNT SERVICES (SAS)
HIPA was originally set up as the State Administrative Training Institute. The Institute organizes the following training programs for the IAS officers allocated to the Himachal Pradesh cadre and to the State Administrative Service Officers and other Gazetted Officers of the State Government:
- Foundational Course
- Professional Course
- Induction training for Promotee Officers
- In-Service Training to all officers of the State
STATE INSTITUTE OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT
The SIRD, HP was established in 1985 at the Institute campus under a centrally sponsored scheme and is financed on 50:50 basis by the Government of India and State Government. The main functions of the State Institute of Rural Development are as under:
- To conduct short term and long term training programs for the officials and non- officials engaged in Rural Development and Administration;
- To organize seminars, conferences and workshops for experts, academicians, administrators, researchers and non-officials on various rural development concerns;
- To undertake action oriented research on various issues concerning Rural Development and to prepare case studies as an input for the training
TRAINING CENTRE FOR NATURAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT
The Natural Disaster Management Division of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India has a Scheme of National Disaster Management Programme. One of the components of the scheme is to assist the State Governments in strengthening the existing training facilities in the area of Disaster Management and Preparedness. For this purpose a cell for Disaster Management has been established in the Institute The Institute organizes four to five training programs every year for the officers of the concerned Departments.
TRAINING CENTRE FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
TRAINING CENTRE FOR THE SUBORDINATE ACCOUNTS SERVICES (SAS))
HIPA also functions as the Training Institute for the Treasury and Accounts Organization of the State government. The trainees are recruited on the basis of tests conducted by the HP Public Service Commission. The Induction training of the selected candidates is comprised of two parts (SAS-Part-I & SAS-Part-II) and is completed in a period of 1 year with examinations conducted at the end of both phases by the HPPSC. The successful trainees are then appointed to the H.P. Subordinate Accounts Service.
During the year 2005-06, all 25 candidates sponsored by the State government and 7 candidates sponsored by the HRTC (Himachal Road Transport Corporation) successfully completed the SAS training and qualified in all the exams conducted by the HPPSC
REGIONAL TRAINING CENTRES
The HP Institute of Public Administration has also established 2 Regional Training Centres at Dharamshala and Mandi, which are the 2 Divisional headquarters,besides Shimla. The objective is to provide in- service training to the class-III and IV officials, working in various departments of the State Government, as close to their places of posting as possible. The centres are providing training in the field of Office Procedure and Financial Administration, Service Rules, Revenue Administration, Computer Awareness and Rural Development etc. to the officials and non-officials working at the grass root level.