In Himachal Pradesh, the powers of Sub-Registrar have been vested in Tehsildars and Naib Tehsildars. Hence, people coming from far flung areas and spending hours together on traveling should get as many services at a same time from a single trip. Since the computerization of land records is nearing completion in the entire State and e-governance related services including certificates of different kinds are offered there, it was considered necessary to introduce Property Registration Software also at these locations as it is inextricably linked with the computerization of land records.
Another objective of computerization in this regard was to overcome the following problems being faced by the Department of Revenue and people:
1. The process of registration used to take more time than actually required due to human interventions and some times vested interest. People who found it difficult to travel once to SRO office had to visit time and again for getting the registration done.2. The people had to visit the Patwari for obtaining average rates of land in the area in which transaction proposed to take place and it was whims and fancies of the Patwari to provide the average rate or not. In many cases, even bribe was also taken from the public for giving average prices.
3. The calculation of average land prices depended on the transactions taking place in that area. Sometimes, in order to favour some people for vested interests the Patwaris used to remove the extreme value transactions. On one hand, low average value would cause loss to the State exchequer and high average value resulted in loss to the applicant.
4. The quality of various services offered to the public was very poor and inordinately long time used to be taken in registering documents.
5. There were leakages in the revenue to the government due to under-valuation of registration, stamp duties and surcharges.
6. The approach in dealing with public was person oriented than procedure or system oriented and were maneuvered to benefit some at the cost of teasing other.
7. There was no transparency in the system being followed.
8. The rates of stamp duty, registrations and surcharges which are changed from time to time by the government were not properly charges from the public.
The HimRis (Himachal Registration Information System) software developed by NIC Himachal Pradesh is a workflow application and helps the Sub-Registrar Offices to undertake deed registration in an efficient, simple & speedy manner. HimRis is a self sustaining e-Governance project ensuring simple, uniform document registration process with a guarantee to return original document after registration & archival within same day.
HimRis software has following features or highlights:
1. A work flow application necessitating the completion of first activity related to registration before the next can start.
2. Reduced registration time and on time delivery.
3. Single Window, on spot registration.
4. Usage of easily available, simple & latest technology
5. Availability of Bilingual interface.
6. Automated calculations of registration fee, stamp duty and surcharge etc.
7. Roles and responsibilities of each official associated with registration are duly taken care by the application.
8. A generic codification related to each deed/sub-deed with the rates of stamp duty, registration and other fees by the department takes away the burden of calculation of stamp duty, registration fees and other surcharges.
9. Automated options for Scanning of deeds and ensuring photographs of parties / witness / identifier. The option of scanning in the software has done away the need of taking second copy of Deed document from the public for which it has to spend extra money.
10. Only one visit to SRO office for getting the activities related to deed registration.
11. Only one copy of Deed Document would be required instead of two earlier.
12. Return of incomplete documents with reasons.
13. Printing of endorsement on separate pages.
14. Generation of various MIS as well as query based reports.
15. Three-tier security viz at OS, database and application level.
|1.||Sale/ Conveyance||16.||Tatima Registry/ Reconveyance|
|2.||Gift||17.||Govt. Organisation Transaction|
|3.||Mortgage With Possession||18.||Will|
|4.||Mortgage Without Possession||19.||Power Of Attorney|
|5.||Reconveyance Of Mortgage||20.||Adoption|
|6.||Instrument Of Release||21.||Divorce|
|7.||Lease||22.||Agreement/Letter Of Guarantee|
|8.||Surrender Of Lease||23.||Delivery Order In R/O Goods|
|9.||Transfer Of Lease||24.||Memorandum Of Association|
|10.||Instrument Of Settlement||25.||Article Of Association|
|11.||Exchange Of Property||26.||Partnership|
|12.||Instrument Of Partition||27.||Composition Deed|
|13.||Certificate Of Sale||28.||Entry As An Advocate|
|14.||Award/ Decree||29.||Letter of License|
Services offered / HimRis Deliverables
1. Online transaction processing.
2. Registration and archival of the deed documents.
3. All steps related to registration process except the deed-writing part. The deed-writing aspect was not included in the software due to social obligation of the government to the licensed deed-writers.
4. Determining the rates of stamp duty, registration and Panchayat/Municipality surcharges.
5. Providing information related to various formalities and rates for stamp duty, registration fee, documents required against a deed.
6. Calculation of average rate of land prices village wise.
7. Scanning of the deed document, photographs of the parties, witnesses and identifiers.
8. Report Generation for various Books, Indexes, summary and financial reports etc.
1. Issuance of Encumbrance certificates and safe archival.
2. Connectivity of all the Sub-Registrar Offices in the state.
3. Database of all the authorized persons who may act as witnesses.
4. Integration of property registration with land records.
5. Automatic calculation of Average rates (Ausat Ek Sala) with a click of button thereby doing away the subjectivity in the process.
6. Making available deed/sub-deed wise information about registration, stamp duty and necessary documents besides the downloadable forms on Internet.