6th National eGovernance Conference
National eGovernance Award 2002
Best website award to Himachal Pradesh Government (Silver Icon Status Year 2002)
The Official website of Himachal Pradesh (http://himachal.nic.in) has been conferred with the Best Website Award (Silver Icon status) at the 6th National Conference on E-Governance held at Chandigarh on 24th-25th October, 2002. This national level conference has been organized by the Ministry of Personnel, Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, Government of India (http://darpg.nic.in). The website of Himachal Pradesh Government has been given this award on the basis of its being oriented towards meeting information requirement of the students, citizens, senior citizens, businesses, Government departments etc.
- The Website Awards for Excellence-2002 have been given to the following
- GOLD Icon Status (5 Stars) http://www.aponline.com
- SILVER Icon Status (4 Stars) http://himachal.nic.in
- Bronze Icon Status (3 Stars) http://planningcommission.nic.in
- Special Award Andaman Tourism http://tourism.andaman.nic.in
- The detailed criteria for nomination and selection can be seen at http://darpg.nic.in
- Better dissemination of government information
The Himachal Pradesh website has been designed, developed and maintained by the National Informatics Centre, Himachal Pradesh State Unit who are the implementing agency for E-governance initiatives of the State.