STAFF SELECTION COMMISSION
BRIEF NOTICE COMBINED PRELIMINARY (MATRIC LAVEL) EXAMINATION, 2002
No. 3/8/2001-P&P-1. Staff Selection Commission will hold a Combined Preliminary Examination for Matric Lavel Posts on Sunday, the 5th May, 2002 for selecting candidates for the Main Examination for the following recruitments.
A. Clerks,2002 in the pay scale of Rs. 3050-4590/-
B. Grade "D" Stenographers, 2002 in the pay scale of Rs. 4000-6000/-
C. Grade"C" Stenographers, 2002 in the pay scale of Rs. 5500-9000/-
2. Number of vacancies : Firm number of vacancies for which this examination is to be conducted will be determined in due course. Reservation as per instruction of DP&T will be made for SCs, STs, OBCs, Ex-S and PH candidates.
3. Age Limits : 18-27 years as on 01.08.2002. Usual age relaxation will be admissible to SC, ST, OBC etc. as per Govt. orders in force.
4. Educational Qualification : A candidate must have passed Matriculation or equivalent or Higher examination as on 01.08.2002.
5. Fee: Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only) No fee for SC, ST, Ex-S and PH candidates. Fee can be paid either through CRFS or IPOs.
6. Centres of Examination : The Examination will be held in a number of centres all over the country as indicated in the detailed Notice published in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar dated 29.12.2001.
7. Scheme of Preliminary Examinations : The Preliminary Examination will comprise of one paper consisting of tow components, ie, General intelligence and General Awareness. Both the components will have objective type questions set in English and Hindi, The examination would serve only as a screening test for selecting candidates for the Main Examination which would be held later.
8. Date of Advertisement : The detailed notice and format if application form for the Preliminary Exam has been published in the Employment News/Rozgar Samachar dated 29.12.2001. Candidates must carefully read the said notice before applying.
9 Closing Date : The last date for receipt of application in the concerned Regional Office of the Commission will be 8.2.2002 (5.00PM) (23.2.2002 in the case of candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh. Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshdweep and for candidates residing abroad).