Jhakri Power Corporation Limited
Nathpa Jhakri Power
Corporation Limited (NJPC) was set-up in 1988 to plan, investigate,
organize execute, operate and maintain hydro electric power project in the
Satluj river basin in the State of Himachal Pradesh. Emerging rapidly on
the National Power scene, NJPC’s first gigantic 1500 MW Nathpa Jhakri
Hydro Power Project(NJHPP) at an estimated cost of over Rs. 8,000 crores
is fast nearing completion.
The Corporation has plans to take up more projects in future.
NJPC offers highly
professional working environment and challenging jobs with excellent
career prospects. The Corporation invites
applications for various positions and disciplines as per the details
One post of Asstt. Officer (F&A) is reserved for
Orthopaedically Disabled person with minimum 40% disability (One leg/Arm
affected - R or L).
2. For the post of Assistant Officer(Environment) and Sr. Medical Officer(Orth/Medicine/ O&G) , candidates may be considered for appointment on deputation basis also. Candidates with higher experience may be considered for the next higher scale.
Nature of Experience & other job details :
Assistant Engineer(Electrical): Recruitment process will
consist of objective type
written test followed by interview. Written Test will be held on
23.06.2002(Sunday) at Delhi, Chandigarh & Shimla. Candidates having
60%(55% for SC/ST) and above marks at Degree level examination only need
apply. Candidates appearing in their
final examination and expecting their results by 31st July, 2002 will also
be eligible. On selection, they will be allowed to join only after
declaration of the results and subject to their scoring not less than the
Assistant Officer(F&A): Experience in areas such as
Finance, Accounting, Budget, Internal Audit, Taxation, Costing, Banking
Operations etc. and exposure
to Computer Accounting would be an added advantage.
Assistant Officer(Environment) : For consideration to the next
higher scale, candidates should have experience in formulating and
implementing Environment Programmes in the area of Catchment, Management,
Afforestry, Soil conservation etc.
preferably in a large Hydel Power Plant and adequate experience in
liaisoning with the officials of State Forest/Pollution Control
Department, MOEF, etc.
Sr. Medical Officer(Orth/Medicine/O&G): For consideration
to the next higher scale, candidates
should have experience in the field of
speciality. Apart from shift duty, they may be called upon to
perform general duties also, if, need so arises.
Allowances & Benefits :
In addition to Pay and
IDA, the posts carry attractive allowances and benefits like CCA/SCA,
Project Allowance, Conveyance Reimbursement, Medical Facilities,
Subsidised Company Accommodation at Project Site, HRA or Company Leased
Accommodation at places other than the Project, Comprehensive Social
Security and Insurance Benefits etc.
Advances on liberal terms for purchase of
houses, conveyance, computers, furniture etc. are also available.
General Conditions :
Selected candidates for the posts of Asstt. Engr. (Elect.)/Asstt.
Officer (F&A)/Asstt. Officer (Environment)
shall be initially on training for a period of one year. They shall
be placed in regular service of the corporation after successful
completion of one year training.
2. Candidates applying for the post of Assistant Engineer(Electrical) must send their applications in the prescribed format. Applications in any other format are liable to be rejected.
3. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST & 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for J & K migrants who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J & K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989. Disabled persons will be eligible for relaxation in age by 5 years over and above the above relaxations.
4. Persons working under Central/State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings should submit their application through proper channel. They may, however, send one advance copy of the application alongwith requisite enclosures.
5. Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC will be as per Govt. directives.
6. SC/ST/OBC and Disabled persons must submit a copy of requisite certificates in support of their claim to be belonging to these categories from the prescribed authorities.
7. Incomplete applications and applications without required enclosures are liable to be rejected.
Mere fulfilling of the norms will not automatically entitle a
candidate to be called for test/interview.
They will be short listed on the basis of pre-determined criteria
set by the Management.
In order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for test
for the post of Assistant Engineer(Electrical), if so required, Management
reserves the right to raise the prescribed %age of marks at Degree level
10. The candidates called for the interview for the posts at Sl.No. 1,2 & 3 will be reimbursed return rail fare by sleeper class. The SC/ST candidates will be reimbursed single return rail fare by sleeper class for appearing in written test also. For other posts, reimbursement of return rail fare will be made by 1st Class/III-AC.
11. Only Indian Nationals Need Apply
12. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
No correspondence shall be entertained from unsuccessful
Engineers(Electrical) – The eligible candidates desirous to be
considered for the post should send by ordinary post a self addressed
envelope (11cm x 27cm) with requisite postages requesting for prescribed application
format to the address mentioned below.
Application Form (PDF Format). Filled up application form must be accompanied by a demand draft of Rs 100/- (SC/ST & PH exempted) drawn in favour of NJPC Ltd payable at Shimla.
For other posts - The applications giving complete bio-data
should be submitted, preferably type written on full scape paper. The
envelope should be superscribed with the post applied for.
Applications accompanied by attested copies of certificates in
support of educational/professional qualifications, date of birth,
Caste/Tribes/PH certificates and post qualification/ experience alongwith
a recent passport size photograph and a Demand Draft of Rs. 100/- (SC/ST
and PH exempted) drawn in favour of Nathpa Jhakri Power Corporation
Limited payable at Shimla should be sent only by ordinary post
to the Manager (Personnel)
– Recruitment, NJPC Ltd., Himfed Building, New Shimla.
Tele.: 0177-270603 &
FAX : 0177-270542