H.P. BOARD OF SCHOOL EDUCATION, DHARAMSALA-176213
Consequent upon the decision of the Govt. of H.P. to conduct the Common Entrance Test for admission to two year Junior Basic Training (JBT) Course for session 2003-2005 afresh, the said test shall now be held by the Board on 14.09.2003. The candidates who were issued roll numbers for the test held on 6.10.2002 NEED NOT APPLY AGAIN. They shall be eligible to appear for the test without submitting fresh application forms/fee. Their roll numbers and centres of examination shall also remain unchanged. Fresh eligible candidates, desirous of applying for the JBT Common Entrance Test may do so on the prescribed form alongwith prescribed fee. The last date for receipt of application forms/fee from FRESH CANDIDATES belonging to non tribal areas shall be 10.07.2003 and for candidates belonging to tribal areas 25.07.2003. The district-wise allocation of seats is as under:-
Sr.No. Name of district No. of seats
----- ------------------- -------------
1. Bilaspur 94
2. Chamba 100
3 Hamirpur 85
4. Kangra 100
5. Kinnaur 46
6. Kullu 94
7 Lahaul & Spiti 50
8 Mandi 120
9. Shimla 100
10. Sirmour 120
11. Solan 100
12. Una 46
Apart from above district wise allocation of seats, 50 seats (25 subsidized and 25 non subsidized seats) ignoring the condition of district bonafide shall also be filled up for admission to Rameshwari Teachers Training Institute, Gandhi Nagar, Kullu, after selection of candidates for DIETs, by drawing common merit. The selection criteria for subsidized and non- subsidized seats shall be as under:-
After selection of district/category wise candidates for DIETs, category wise next 25 candidates, as per roster of reservation, shall be considered against subsidized seats and subsequent 25 candidates as per roster of reservation, shall be considered against non-subsidized seats. Final selection for admission to R.T.T.I, Kullu, shall be made after holding counselling in the first instance for 25 subsidized seats and thereafter for 25 non subsidized seats.
The candidates who were issued roll numbers for the entrance test held on 6.10.2002 shall be intimated about the fresh schedule of test through a letter which will be sent on the correspondence address given by them in their application forms sent earlier, on which each candidate shall be required to affix his/her pass-port size self-attested photograph on the space provided for the purpose. Such candidates are advised to contact at the address given by them on their application forms submitted earlier. They will be allowed to sit for the entrance test on production of this letter to the Centre Superintendent concerned. The candidates not bringing this admission letter with photograph duly pasted on it shall not be allowed to appear in the test. The centres of examination and roll numbers already allotted in respect of such candidates shall remain unchanged. The candidates whose application forms for the entrance test held on 6.10.2002 were rejected earlier or who were not issued roll numbers due to eligibility or due to late receipt of application forms or due to any other reason shall apply afresh on the prescribed application form alongwith prescribed fee. The application forms/fee sent earlier in respect of such candidates shall not be considered.
Reservation, as prescribed by the H.P. Govt. shall be available to candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other backward classes / IRDP / Children /grand children of Freedom Fighters/Physically handicapped/distinguished sports persons who have excelled at District/State/National Sports/Meets/games/Ex-servicemen OR wards of ex-servicemen including dependents of the family of those defence services personnel who were killed in action or were disabled in action and rendered unfit for civil employment.
1. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
The essential qualifications for the entrance test is Senior Secondary School Certificate or Intermediate or its equivalent examination, 10+2.
2. AGE LIMIT:
The age of the candidates as on 31.12.2002 must be between 17 to 29 years. The upper age limit shall be relaxable by five years in case of SC/ST/OBC/IRDP category candidates only. There will be no upper age limit in the case of ex-servicemen candidates. However this concession/relaxation of upper age limit will not be admissible to their wards/dependents.
3 FEE FOR ENTRANCE TEST:
The applications for entrance test shall be accompanied with crossed postal/bank draft in the name of the Secretary, H.P. Board of School Education, Dharamshala for the amount of Rs. 250/- in case of General category candidates and Rs.150/- in the case of reserved category candidates i.e. SC/ST/OBC/IRDP. The form alongwith fee can also be deposited at the cash counter of the Board at Dharamshala on any working day from 10 Am to 2 Pm upto 09.7.2003 and 24.07.2003 by the candidates of non tribal areas and tribal areas respectively.
4 DISTRICT WISE ALLOCATION OF SEATS:
All the seats are reserved for bonafide residents of Himachal Pradesh. The candidates belonging to a particular district shall be eligible to compete for admission to the two-year JBT course for seats shown against that district only.
5. HOW TO APPLY:
a) The application form should be strictly in accordance with the format published hereunder, which should either be neatly typed on single side of foolscap paper or the candidates may use photo-copy of application form published in the news papers. Application forms not in accordance with the prescribed format are liable to be rejected.
b) All the columns must be filled up in English only in Capital letters in ink.
c) The application form, complete in all respects, along with (i) two copies of prescribed admission card(20x10 cms),(ii) two self-addressed envelopes (25x12 cms) and (iii) three pass-port size photographs-one pasted on the right hand side of the application form and one each on the admit cards should be sent under registered cover to the Assistant Secretary(JBT Cell), H.P. Board of School Education, Dharamshala-176213(Kangra), which must reach the Board’s office on or before the stipulated date along with required fee. There is no need to get the form/photographs attested from any authority. Applications received after the last date, without fee or less fee or not in accordance with the prescribed format shall be rejected and no refund of fee in such cases shall be made under any circumstances. The envelope containing application form should be superscribed with words “APPLICATION FORM JBT-2003”.
d) Do not fill any information in the box provided on the top of the admission form where ‘For Office Use only’ has been written.
e) Against ‘Home District’ write your home district to which you belong and against sub-division, write the Revenue Sub-Division to which you belong.
f) Against choice of centre, mention name of the Revenue Sub-Division where you would like to appear for the written test. However, the Board reserves the right of allotment of any examination centre preferably with in the sub-division opted by the candidate. List of Sub-Divisional Headquarters/Examination Centres is as under:
Distt. Bilaspur: 1. Bilaspur 2. Ghumarwin.
Distt. Chamba: 1.Bharmour 2. Chamba 3. Chowari 4. Dalhousie
5. Killar(Pangi) 6. Tissa.
Distt. Hamirpur: 1. Barsar 2. Hamirpur 3. Nadaun
Distt. Kangra: 1. Baijnath 2. Dehra 3. Dharamshala 4. Jawali 5.Kangra 6. Nurpur 7. Palampur 8. Jaisinghpur.
Distt. Kinaur: 1. Nichar 2. Pooh 3. Reckong Peo
Distt. Kullu: 1. Anni 2. Banjar 3. Kullu 4. Manali
Distt. Lahaul: 1. Kaza 2. Keylong 3. Udaipur.
Distt. Mandi: 1. Gohar 2. Jogindernagar 3. Karsog 4.Mandi
5. Sarkaghat 6. Sundernagar
Distt.Shimla: 1. Chopal 2. Rampur 3. Rohru 4. Shimla (Urban) 5.Theog 6.Dodrakwar
Distt. Sirmour: 1. Nahan 2. Paonta Sahib 3. Rajgarh.
Distt. Solan : 1.Arki 2. Kandaghat 3. Nalagarh 4. Solan
Distt. Una : 1. Amb 2. Una.
g) To avoid postal delays, please mention your PIN code.
h) Write your date of birth in the application form as recorded in your Matric or Hr. Sec. Certificate.
Enclosures with the
1. Demand Draft
2. Two self addressed envelopes
Admit card( in duplicate)
GENERAL RULES/GUIDELINES FOR JBT COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
1. The candidates appearing in this test will be considered for selection only in the district to which they originally belong. The district-wise/category wise merit will be prepared by the Board. The successful candidates in this test will be subjected to interview by the Selection Committee. The final result shall be declared by aggregating the scores of written test and interview. The candidates securing equal marks will be bracketed together. Their inter-se-merit will be determined in accordance with following criteria:
a) A candidate getting higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall rank higher in the order of merit.
ii) In case of tie in the percentage of marks in the qualifying examination, the candidate senior in age shall rank higher in order of merit.
2. The category/sub-category filled up by the candidate in the application form shall be treated as FINAL and no request for change in category/sub-category, at any stage shall be entertained.
3. The Board proposes to hold this examination at all the district and sub-divisional headquarters in the Pradesh at the centres to be notified and allotted to the candidates by the Board. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXAMINATION CENTRE ONCE ALLOTED SHALL BE ALLOWED TO BE CHANGED.
4. If a candidate fails to appear in the examination for any reason, whatsoever or if his/her application is rejected on any ground including his/her ineligibility to appear in the examination, the examination fee paid shall not be refunded.
5. Neither the appearance in the test shall ipso facto entitle a candidate to get admission in this course nor the JBT training guarantees Govt. service after the completion of training.
6. Incomplete application form will outrightly be rejected and no intimation to this effect will be sent to the candidate. No supplementary correspondence will be entertained in this behalf. The sample of answer-sheet and question paper will be supplied alongwith Admit Card. No candidate will be allowed to take the test without admit card.
7. The H.P. Board of School Education shall not be held responsible for any postal delays.
8. In-service candidates must route their applications through proper channel. However, they may send advance copy to the Board directly so as to reach in the Board’s office before the expiry of the last date.
9. The candidates shall be required to answer multiple-choice-type questions by marking responses on the answer sheets to be supplied separately in the examination hall. The instructions about the process of marking of answers on response sheets, apart from being mentioned on the response sheet itself, will be sent to the candidates along with admission letter or roll number slip whichever is applicable. The candidates should strictly adhere to these instructions.
10. The articles like card board, pen, pencil etc, which a candidate is expected to bring will also be mentioned in the admission letter or the instructions enclosed with the roll number slip.
11. Use of calculators/cell-phones shall not be allowed.
12. Any candidate who creates disturbance of any kind during or otherwise misbehaves in or around the examination hall or refuses to obey the instructions of the Centre Supdt./Invigilator or changes his/her seat with any candidate or having in his/her possession paper/books or allowing any other candidate to copy from his/her answer sheet or using any other unfairmeans, will be expelled from the examination. Decision of the Centre Supdt. to expel a candidate from the examination centre shall be final.
13. If at any stage it is found that a candidate has knowingly or willfully misled or suppressed/concealed material information which renders him/her ineligible to take this examination, his/her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will have no claim whatsoever thereafter.
14. The credential verification of the successful candidates will be made at the time of personal interview.
15. The personal interviews shall be held at Sub-Divisional Headquarters in the State.
16. No original/attested copies of any of the certificates are required to be enclosed with the application form.
17. QUESTION PAPER: There shall be one question paper having questions of multiple choice type, carrying 90 questions of one mark each to be attempted within TWO HOURS. The subjects alongwith the distribution of marks shall be as under:
i) Hindi 25 marks
ii) English 20 marks
iii) Numerical Ability 25 marks
iv) General Awareness 20 marks
Total: 90 marks
Personal interview : 10 marks
Grand Total : 100 marks
NOTE: The question papers of Hindi, English and Numerical Ability shall be of 10+2 standard. The questions of General Awareness will be based mainly on Himachal Pradesh with special emphasis on rural areas.
10 (Ten) marks
have been assigned to personal interview. Candidates
to be called for interview would be three times to the number of vacancies.