HOW TO OBTAIN A LEARNER’S LICENCE
No person shall drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds an effective driving licence issued to him by the Licensing Authority, authorising him to drive the vehicle.
The application required:
- Application form in CMV FORM 2
- 3 recent passport size photographs
a. AGE BETWEEN 16 AND 18
- The applicant shall have attained the age of 16 years in case of Motor Cycle without Gear.
- The consent/declaration of the parents shall be given before the licencing authority.
b. AGE 18 YEARS AND ABOVE
- The applicant shall have attained the age of 18 years in case of motor cycle with gear or light motor vehicle.
c. FOR TRANSPORT VEHICLE
- The applicant shall have attained the age of 20 years in case of Transport vehicle (Auto rickshaw cab, Taxi, Goods Vehicle, Bus etc.)
- One year driving experience of light motor vehicle is required.
- The minimum educational qualification is a pass in the 8th Std at the school level.
- Medical certificate in form No.CMV Form 1 and CMV Form 1-A is necessary in case of transport vehicle
The documents required:
a. Proof of Address: (any one of the following)
- LIC Policy
- Electricity or Telephone bill
- Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State Government or a Local body.
- Self swearing Affidavit by an applicant before an executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of address.
b. Proof of Age: (any one of the following)
- School Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Certificate granted by the registered medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon.
- Self swearing Affidavit by an applicant before an executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of age.
What is the amount of Fees payable?
- Fees as per Rule 32 of CMVR 1989.
- Application for learner’s shall be presented by the applicant before the RTOs/R&LAs of the area concerned.
What is Preliminary test? Whether any exemption is provided?
- Written test will be conducted for the persons who have passed SSLC or equivalent examination or higher. This test will be of multiple choice objective type.
- ONLINE computer based tests are being conducted at the RTO/RLA Offices
- In case of others, Oral test will be conducted.
- These tests will be conducted by the Inspector of Motor Vehicles.
- Applicants who are already having driving are exempted from appearing for preliminary test in case additional endorsement of new class of vehicle.
- Traffic signs, traffic signals and rules of the road regulations made under section 118 of Motor Vehicles Act.
- Duties of driver when his vehicle is involved in an accident resulting in death or bodily injury of a person or damage to property of a third party.
- Precautions to be taken while passing un-manned railway crossing and
- The Documents he should carry with him while driving a vehicle
- Application along with documents will be returned to the failed applicant and he can reappear for retest on the next day.
- Learner’s is valid for the period of six months and can not be renewed further. In case of expiry of the LL, the applicant needs to repeat the process afresh.
- Mock Test