Innovation is an essential driver of economic growth and future competitiveness. A thriving innovation economy promotes economic growth, fosters new technologies and creates jobs. This is a dynamic process which focuses on the creation and implementation of new or improved products & services, processes and paradigms. Successful innovations are those that result in improvement in efficiency, effectiveness, quality or social outcomes/impacts.
With a view to drive the innovation movement in the country and to lay a roadmap for transforming the country into an innovation nation, the Government of India has constituted a National Innovation Council (NIC) with a focus to drive an Indian Model of Innovation to provide solutions related to basic human needs for the people at the bottom layer of the economic pyramid.
In pursuance of above pledge, National Innovation Council after deliberations has proposed to establish the India Inclusive Innovation Fund with a focus on providing risk capital funding to enterprises that create and deliver technologies and solutions aimed at enhancing the quality of life of people at the Bottom of the Pyramid. The Fund will support investment at different stages of the enterprise development cycle – from early stages,through later phases of scaling-up of potentially successful solutions and business models.
The Atal Innovation Mission shall have two core functions:
- Entrepreneurship promotion: through Self-Employment and Talent Utilization, wherein innovators would be supported and mentored to become successful entrepreneurs
- Innovation promotion: to provide a platform where innovative ideas are generated
Atal Tinkering Labs
Atal Incubation Centers
The Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog is proud to partner with CIIE to provide this handbook for incubator managers, which will be a critical guide for the managers of incubators in India and further spur Indian entrepreneurship.
• Best & Innovative Practices of Education Department in Himachal Pradesh
• e-Services project of Town & Country Planning Department
• New commercial crop with early bearing technology and improved genotypes for economics cultivation in monkey inhabited areas to college of Horticulture and Forestry, Dr. Y.S. Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry.
• HP Tele-stroke Project to Department of Neurology, IGMC Shimla
• HP State Innovation Awards