Function & Activites - Secretariat Level
The Revenue Minister is over all in charge of Revenue Department and for smooth functioning of the department at Secretariat level it has been divided in four Sections and two Cells namely Revenue-A, B, C, D Project Cell & Stamp Cell. The Financial Commissioner-cum-Principal Secretary(Revenue)is the Administrative Secretary of the Department who is assisted by Secretary (Revenue), Joint Secretary/Deputy Secretary to the Government of Himachal Pradesh .Organization set up and details of functions and duties of all Sections & Cells of Revenue Department are as under:-
1. Establishment matters relating to the District Revenue Officers and Tehsildars under the Revenue Department.
2. All Type of service matters of Patwaris , Kanungos of the Department of the Settlement/ Consolidation/ Director, Land Records, R & P Rules of all categories i.e DRO/Tehsildar/Naib-Tehsildar/ Kanungo/Patwari and other ministerial staff as well as Court Cases i.e OA and CWP and other allied matters including direct/ in direct Vidhan Sabha questions relating to establishment.
3. Establishment matters of the staff of the Divisional Commissioner/ DCs offices, R & P Rules of the staff posted in the said offices, Annual Administrative report, creation of posts for the newly created institute such as Sub Division, Tehsil and Sub Tehsil continuation of temporary posts of all categories/ sanction to engage Daily waged staff/Part time workers under Revenue Department, HBA to the staff posted in the Divisional Commissioner/Deputy Commissioner offices, approval of TA claim / tour programme of the Divisional Commissioners and JCC meeting.
4. All type of circulars received from the various departments, correspondence regarding introduction of Hindi Report and returns -submission thereof to the concerned departments, time barred claims of demand of the DRO, Tehsildari & Naib-Tehsildari Associations and Joint Military Liaison conference , SPs/DCs Conference , Collection of information and sent to quarter concerned in consolidation manner, all arrangements required to be made during Vidhan Sabha Session i.e, duty roster of field offices during session including requisition of Vehicle from the Director of Land Records, Divisional Commissioner, Shimla/ Settlement Officer, Shimla and Director of Agriculture Census.
5. Establishment of Director, Agriculture census/ Statistical Asstt. Research Officer/Assistant Research officers, Consolidation officer, Asstt. Consolidation officer and RTI Jogindernagar.
1. Amendment in Acts/ Rules pertaining to Revenue Department.
2. Implementation of Himachal Pradesh Ceiling on Land Holding Act,1972 and Rules framed there under.
3. Land transfer cases under section 118 of the Himachal Pradesh Tenancy and land Reforms Act, 1972.
4. Benami transaction of entire state.
5. Implementation of H.P. Tenancy and Land Reforms Act, 1972.
6. R & P plans for Cement Projects.
7. Land to landless under various schemes and Nautor Rules 1968.
8. Correspondence regarding Gorkha, Gaddi Labana & Gujjar, Tribal Advisory Committee etc. and meetings thereof.
9. Correspondence relating to various Vidhan Sabha Committees.
10. Correspondence regarding encroachment on government land.
11. Settlement Operation.
12. Consolidation Operation.
13. Revenue Minister Secretaries Conference.
14. Implementation of H.P. Village Common Lands Vesting and Utilization Act, 1974.
15. Correspondence regarding Kishan Pass Books Act Rules.
16. 20 Points Programme.
17. The Court Matters and Vidhan Sabha matter relating to above subjects.
1. Budget Estimates/ Allocation of Divisional Commissioners/ Director of Land Records/ Consolidation of Holdings and Settlement Officers Shimla & Kangra Division.
2. Quarterly Progress Report of Annual Plan and Centrally Sponsored Schemes of plan scheme related to Revenue Department.
3. Computerization of Land Records in Himachal Pradesh.
4. Correspondence regarding vehicles of various offices of Revenue Department.
5. Fixing of Fleet strength of Revenue Department in H.P.
6. Correspondence regarding establishment of Relief & Rehabilitation Department in H.P.
1. Constitution of Committees in respect of various projects to look after Relief and Rehabilitation work which are as under:-
a. State/ District Level Pong Dam Oustees Rehabilitation and Advisory Committee under the chairmanship of Chief Minister and Revenue Minister respectively.
b. State/ District Level Parabati Project Oustees Rehabilitation and Advisory Committee under the chairmanship of Chief Minister and Deputy Commissioner, Kullu respectively.
c. State/ District Level Kol Dam Oustees Rehabilitation and Advisory Committee under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister and Deputy Commissioner of concern district respectively.
d. State/ District Level Nathpa Jhakri Oustees Rehabilitation and Advisory Committee under the Chairmanship of Revenue Minister.
e. State level Chamera Project, Baira Suil and Thein Dam Project Oustees Rehabilitation and Advisory Committee under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister.
f. District Level Baspa Oustees Rehabilitation and Advisory Committee under the Chairmanship of Revenue Minister.
g. District Level Baspa Oustees Rehabilitation and Advisory Committee under the Chairmanship of Deputy Commissioner, Kinnaur.
h. State/ District Level Bhakra Dam Oustees Rehabilitation and Advisory Committee under the Chairmanship of the Chief Minister and Deputy Commissioner respectively.
2. Framing of R & R Schemes in respect of various projects being executed in the State.
3. Convening meeting of the State Level Committee which required following exercise:
a. Preparing agenda for the meeting.
b. Serving notice for attending meeting to all the official and non official members of the respective committees.
c. Drafting minutes of meeting and its distribution.
d. Verification and distribution of TA claims of non official members of the respective committee.
4. Monitoring progress/ review of decision taken in meeting of State Level.
5. Monitoring implementation of R & R schemes.
6. Follow up of court cases regarding enhancement of compensation under section 28-A of land acquisition Act.
7. All other misc. work relating to the problems of Oustees.
8. Correspondence regarding evacuee properties situated in H.P.and thereof.
9. Correspondence regarding settlement of audit paras relating to various of Revenue Department.
10. Correspondence relating to Medical Reimbursement of retires/ non retires of Revenue Department.
11. Correspondence relating to Wakf Board in H.P.
1. Issue of NOC under section 4 of Land Acquisition Act 1894 for acquisition of land to various Departments.
2. Transfer of land to other Departments.
3. Sale of land cases.
4. Cases relating to boundary.
5. All cases relating to exchange of land.
6. Lease of land under H.P. lease Rules, 1992 and policy matters relating to lease.
7. Cases relating to colonization.
8. All matters relating to land dispute / Mutation/ Change of name of entry Revenue record.
9. Cases pertaining to Chowkidar / Lambardars.
10. Resumption of Mufi and Jagir.
11. Jagir Cases/War Cases.
12. Conferment of Powers under various Revenue Acts upon Revenue and other offices.
13. Revenue Court Cases.
14. Correspondence matters related to ST/SC/OBC etc.
15. PAC/CAG matters in respect of Revenue Department.
16. All type of Taccavi Loan.
17. Recovery etc.
18. General matter related to Vidhan Sabha.
19. All correspondence Govt.of India and Miscellaneous correspondence relating to the Govt.of India on national Calamities.
20. Central Relief Fund/NCCF and State Level Committee Meetings.
21. Distribution of funds on demand.
22. Rajya Sabha ,Lok Sabha Questionrelating to National Calamities.
23. Memorandum/Notes etc.to the Govt.of India on National Calamities.
24. Re-organization of Tehsil/Sub-Tehsil and Patwar Circles.
25. Water Mills and recovery of Abhiyana.
26. Suspension and remission of Land Revenue.
27. Bhoodan Yojana Board.
28. Change of Name of Town & Village.
29. All Court cases relating to above matters.
30. All Vidhan Sabha Question etc. relating to above mentioned matters.