SPEEDING CAN BE A CAUSE OF SEVERE CRASH
- Drivers get lesser time to avoid mishap and the stopping distance lengthens which increases both the likelihood of crashing and the severity of the crashes.
- The vehicle structure is rendered incapable of withstanding the force of the crash which results in serious injury to the occupants.
- The protection capability of restraint systems such as airbags and safety belts and roadside hardware and safety features such as barriers and bridge rails become nullified.
- Vehicles become prone to increased tire tread wear, rise in tire weakening operation temperature, longer stopping distances and increased brake wear.
- At faster speeds the driverís ability to accurately see and judge the distances get compromised.