Lahaul & Spiti is a tribal district which is virtually cut from the rest of the world for more than 6 months in a year. Normal vehicular traffic is open between June and November only. The only presence in Information Technology has been the lone District Centre of National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Communication & Information Technology. The District Centre was established in the year 1988 at Deputy Commissioner Office, Keylong. However, this Centre remained non-functional for many years after 1995 due to man-power shortage. In the year 2001, a District Informatics Associate was posted and the NIC has, with the active involvement of the District Administration, initiated IT activities in this remote district of India. The district website of the Lahaul & Spiti was the first step in this direction in the year 2001.This centre is now equipped with latest hardware items like Pentium computer systems, Unix Server, Windows Server 2003, SQL Server, Laser, DeskJet & DMP Printers, CD Writer, VSAT, LAN, UPS, Scanner, Digital camera, LCD Projector & Video Conference facility etc.
Major Projects and Activities of the NIC District Centre Keylong at Lahaul Spiti
Land Record Computerisation (HIMBHOOMI)
- All the Tehsils/ Sub Tehsil of the districts are online where computerized Nakals are issuing at each tehsil office i.e. at Keylong, Kaza & Udaipur(Sub Tehsil).
- The Himbhoomi software has been implemented for generation of registers and related MIS reports covering Jamabandi (RoR), Mutation.
- The Web based nakals are running all the Tehsils/ Sub Tehsil of the District.
- Now citizens don’t have to go to Patwar khanas to obtain the copy of Record of Rights they are getting directly this from tehsil office and through Lok Mitra Kendra.
- The Jamabandi (RoR) is generated on real time by accessing the Tehsil servers. The public has been provided access to view the Land details.
Computerisation of Land Deeds (HIMRIS)
- Himachal Registration Information System (Himris) is operational in all the Tehsils/Sub Tehsils of the District. Now the registration of land Deeds is done through computers.
- All type of deeds are registered by the system having feature to capture biometrics, input data is validated with online land records data before deed gets registered.
- The Himris software is integrated with Land Records and any transactions related to property are recorded immediately on the Land Records database and reflected in the ROR.
- Himris has been linked with HimBhoomi (Computerization of Land Records) to reflect all land related registration deeds automatically in the Land Records so that no fraudulent deed can be registered by the seller.
- E-Salary software has been implemented at Distt. treasury Keylong and Sub-treasury Udaipur.
- With this software an innovation in the management & generation of paybills for the employees has been done directly through treasury office.
- The software is web enabled and online transactions will be done in the 2nd phase of the software when all the offices get connected under HIMSWAN project.
- This client-server based application is installed at Distt. Welfare Office provides facility for Application Processing, Waiting List Generation, Automatic substitution of Pensioners and pension disbursement through Bank Accounts, Money Orders and Post Office Saving Bank Accounts.
- The software has been implemented in the DWO Office at Keylong. It is used to issues quarterly about 1200 Money Orders to the pensioners of the District.
- The pensions are being generated for the various categories e.g. Widow pension, Handicapped pension etc.
- HP Government is issuing Id Cards/Certificates to Senior Citizen and Disabled persons to avail travel concessions, reservations and other benefits under various schemes.
- Implemented the web-based application E-Pehchan software to issue the Disability I-Cards and Senior Citizen Identity Cards at District Welfare Office Keylong.
On Line District Treasury Office (eKosh-HPOTIS)
- The district treasury at Keylong made online now all the bills/vouchers/accounts are done through computers. This software has been implemented at Distt. treasury Keylong and Sub-treasury Udaipur.
HP Pensioners Online Scrolls to Banks (E-Pension)
- The pensioner’s database of district Lahaul & Spiti has been maintained on the computers. Now pensioner’s scroll of the Lahaul block is computerized at District Treasury Office Keylong.
- They are issuing computerized scrolls to the banks. The pensioners can view their pension details for a particular month over the Internet also.
E-Samadhan grieviances reporting and monitoring system
- This software is implemented in the office of D.C. L & S at Keylong and in the office of SDM Lahaul at Keylong, Distt. L & S.
Manav Sampada (PMIS)
- Personal Management Information System is implemented in the office of D.C. L & S at Keylong. Each employee has been allotted a unique code through this module.
- The service book details of various employees under establishment branch and Sadar Kanungo branch, D.C. office Keylong, is in progress.
NREGA offline Software
- A web-based flagship programme of Government of India implemented from ministry down to the gram panchayat level for sanctioning and monitoring of works under MGNREGA and management/disbursement of fund under this schemes.
- This software is implemented in the various panchayat offices of Distt. L & S. The basic data entered in these panchayat offices is then brought to the BDO offices located one at Lahaul and another at Spiti. This data is merged at block level and then uploaded at website : http://rural.nic.in
- Support has been provided to the District Administration for the randomization of polling personnel data for election duty and for the counting process.
E-Udaan (Flight Management System)
- Developed the Software for Helicopter Application Management System, which is very useful for the District Administration during the winter period for the reservation of seats of helicopter.
i-COSC (Integrated Community Services Centre)
- iCosc Centres in all the Sub-Divisions of district will be established under this at Keylong it has already been done. At other sub-divisions the process of site preparation is underway. In this centre under single roof citizens will be get services like Computerized Driving Licenses, Registration of Vehicles, submission of Water & Electricity bills, issuance of bonafide, ST, marriage certificates etc services will be provided. These centers will be connected with each other and State Govt. through high speed WAN internet network.
- Software for issuance of Driving License, Conductor License and Learner License being used in all the RLAs.
- The Screen Test Aid for Learner License (STALL) has been in place for the Learner License Test. This application is being used for taking the learner’s license test of the applicants.
- Software for issuance of Vehicle Registration, Permit Issuance and other Vehicle Transactions.
- Implemented in all the 3 RLAs.
- New Registration, Transfer of Ownership, Change of Address, Duplicate RC, Hypth Termination/Addition, Token Tax etc. is done through this application.
- SMS Alerts to the vehicle Owner.
- Software for issuance of Certificates by various authorities at SDM Office, Tehsil and Sub Tehsil office.
- Implemented in all the 2 Tehsils and 1 Sub Tehsil of the district.
- 14 type of certificates are issued through this system.
- Software ensures uniformity in issuance of certificates.
- There is provision to reissue certificates already issued.
- A Mission Mode Project being implemented at SP office, who have been designated as FRO (Foreigners Registration Officer)
- IVFRT has modules of cFRO, cForm.
- cFRO ( Centralised Foreigners Registration) Module has facility to register foreigners staying for more than 180 days.
- The other facility in cFRO is VISA extension, Exit Permit etc.
- DSC required for software to work.
- cForm is implemented for Hoteliers to register foreigners staying in there hotels
- National Animal Disease Reporting System, an on-line application implemented at AH&B department in the district for entry of data related to animal diseases and vaccinations on day to day bases.
- The Animal Diseases outbreak reporting is done through this system.
- There are 3 Nodes in District Keylong in this Mission Mode Project.
- Hardware installed at all the locations (Vety. Hospitals)
- The VPNoBB connectivity at all locations
- The NADRS has provision for case reporting and monitoring
- Daily case reporting is being done from these locations
E-Shastr (Arms License)
- The software has been Implemented in DC Office Keylong, This is Web based Application Software and is used for fees collection, issuance of new Arms Licenses and renewal. It is a work flow based application Software. The National Database of Arms License (NDAL) is also being created.
- There are 2 thanas and 1 Vigilance office where the software has been implemented in the District Lahaul Spiti. The CIPA application is used for regiseration of FIRs, DDR and various other modules being used in Police Stations.
- The complete Investigation Report of each case can be generated on the click of button.
- This is a web-based system implemented at District Headquarter Keylong employment exchanges to computerize registration process of unemployed. It provides features for new registrations, renewal of registrations, updating of registrations with interface for live vacancies.
- Reference Monitoring System is being used for computerized monitoring of the movement of letters/files in the sections/branches at various offices. This application is implemented at DC Office and SDM Office, Keylong.
- SMIS being used by Development and Relief Branch at DC Office.
- All the sanctioning of new schemes is done through this system·
- Query based reports are available in this system.
- A useful tool for overall monitoring of schemes by the District Administration.
- This software of Mother Child Tracking System has been implemented in the Health Department and regular updation of pregnant women and various other reporting activities under this projects are being carried out at the field level through this project.
- Pilot project, merged with CSC project and is being extended to the village level where VLEs are working as front-end delivery centres of the government for providing G2G and G2C services.
- A web interface for issuance of RoRs of land owners of the state. This services is being provided at all the Sugam Kendras and LMKs.
Web-based decision support system for police department is being used to automate the processes at police stations. It is integrated with state police portal for auto transmission of data and generation of various MIS reports. It includes Online Complaints, Information, FIR.
- A Panchayat Enterprise Suite comprising of 11 core applications including LGD (Local Government Directory), Area Profiler (Socio-economic & general details), PlanPlus (to strengthen Decentralized & Participatory Planning), PriaSoft (Panchayat Accounting), ActionSoft (Works/Scheme implementation Monitoring System), NAD (National Asset Directory), Service Plus (to facilitate Service Delivery), Social Audit, Training and National Panchayat Portal (Dynamic Website of Panchayats) implemented down to the Gram Panchayat level, it is a complete suite for the management of PRI activities.
- A complete MIS for management of allotment of funds sanctioned under Indira Awaas Yojna and monitoring of the financial/physical progress. This on-line system is implemented at all the blocks in the district.
- The official website of District Lahaul & Spiti (http://hplahaulspiti.nic.in), designed & developed as a one-point-source to provides information about history, fact-file, culture, temples, accessibility, tourist places and citizen services etc.
- Established Video Conferencing Unit separately at DC Office Keylong & ADC Office Kaza. The main advantage of the Video Conference unit is that now all the departments can interact with State Govt. from Keylong itself which further saves lot of time & money. Also during winter period when there is no road transportation then this is the only reliable source of communication.
- Directway DW 4020, a high speed Internet VSAT was installed at NIC centre Keylong which breaks the communication barrier with the world and is the only reliable source of communication channel. During the cut-off period, this communication channel is the only authentic source of communication for the government here. A Local Area Network was established at DC Office complex that connects the offices of Deputy Commissioner, Superintendent of Police, Sub Divisional Magistrate, Project Officer ITDP, Public Relation Office, Block Development Office,Distt. Panchayat Office ,DRDA Keylong, Distt. Industries Office , Distt. treasury office , DC Office with the facility of Internet & Email services on desk.
- Office Management
- Coordination & Liaison with other departments
- Maintenance of Backups
- Feedbacks/Study Reports etc.
- Coordination for HW maintenance & upgradation and Technical support.
- Computer trainings to Dealing persons
- General Technical support to all departments
- Internet Awareness Programs
- Free of cost Examination Result service to students & Internet & Email services.