Today, the world is world of Information Technology and it is moving ahead with tremendous speed. To keep pace with the others, State Government has approved and declared IT Policy and E-Governance is one of th e focus area identified under IT Policy.
E-Governance or Electronic-Governance aims at delivery of services and information to the public using Information Technology. The use of E-governance is to facilitate efficiency, speed, transparency and accountability in rendering services viz-a-viz dissemination of information to public. Commensurate with the IT-Policy of the state government and in an attempt to promote procedural simplicity, curtailment of delay, convenient and quality service, e-governance project has been launched.
The e-Governance activities have the following objective..
- Transparency in the working of the Government.
- To ensure greater efficiency, objectivity, accountability and speed in providing services and information to the public.
- To provide cost effective service and quality of the same.
- To provide single window for all Govt. Services at District Level.
- Responsive Administration.
- To provide a friendly, speedier and efficient interface.
- To eliminate the middlemen
Setting up of E-Governance Centers
E-Governance Centers are being established with active support of National Informatics Centre and District Administration, Kullu. Click following URLs to know more about SUGAM Services & IT Projects.